Friday, May 14, 2010

Cataloging my Garden.

Can you tell I am cataloging what I have in my garden? I am trying to make it easy for myself to be able to look up anything that I've planted here. I want to try to get everything eventually photographed through the seasons so that I can better plan my gardens from year to year to see what works, what's worth propagating and selling and what's worth tossing into the compost. I intend to use this blog not only as a sounding board for my ideas, but as a place to make notes about my garden and life. I plan to keep track of what I do with my plants and how I use them. And maybe someone can learn from my notes as well.

Anyway, I am starting with the current season and will update each page as something worth of noting catches my eye. In my old blog I started new pages for every day but I think if I just update the "iris" or the "strawberry" or whatever page to keep everything in one easy click to find it will be SO much easier for me and probably others to go looking for information on a certain plant. So if I make a million and one new posts at first, don't fret. It will slow down eventually as I re-use posts. I'll change the date on each one as I update a subject so that the new information can be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment