Monday, May 24, 2010

A day in the life...

So I haven't posted in a few days. That happens sometimes with me. It gets overwhelming trying to keep up with everything but I do tend to stay away from the computer on the weekends. Well here is a synopsis of what I have been up to. Thursday afternoon dear husband brought home this little girl who's name is Millie. I told him no all week but here she is anyway. Once I saw her and got to know her a little I could no longer say no. She is a tri-color beagle that is 5 months old (born 1-5-10). I can tell she was really loved before she came to be with us. Unlike the other two dogs she doesn't seem to have suffered any trauma and lacks the "issues" our other dogs have---which, if I may speak frankly is actually very nice. Don't get me wrong, I love my other dogs, it's just nice not to have to pup for a change that hasn't come to us with damage, both physical, behavioral and psychological.

Millie is very very sweet. She is most defiantly a puppy, and has her shenanigans, but they are normal puppy behaviors. She has a wonderful and pleasant personality. Loves to play, loves to cuddle and already has everyone wrapped around her little paw. I am going to start rabbit training with ASAP.
Photobucket
Friday it absolutely rained all day. I stayed inside and did housework. I wanted to dig my hostas Friday as it was my one day off from work but the rain and thunder (and not to mention one adorable new puppy) kept me busy inside rather then outside. It's a shame it was so rainy, as that would of been the perfect day to work outside otherwise.

Saturday I had to go to work. It was too wet and soggy to work outside in the morning. There was a very thick fog. Dear husband went to work in the morning, but was home before I left so the new pup and the dogs did not have to be home alone. I was on call all night long after my shift.

Sunday I slept in until 7, which is pretty late for me. My inner clock...and the dogs....usually keep me from getting my 8 hours in. I'm used to it though. I got up, made a hearty breakfast of oatmeal with cinnamon and bananas added to it then went outside to dig my hostas.
Photobucket
I must of underestimated the heat and humidity and overestimated my tolerance for it. I got some of the hostas dug. I really had to pry them out and saw them apart. Most of my hostas are 4-5 in width at the bases, so they are huge. Also they are in a heavy clay soil that was wet. It was not easy work and after a while I felt sick, dizzy and ready to vomit. I dug just enough up for a good start and went in. I tried my best to cool off and just couldn't for the longest time. The heat index with the humidity was over 100 degrees.

Monday has been even hotter, if you can believe that for May. Weather here in Indiana has been wacky this spring. Today we broke heat records. In 1921 the record high was 93 degrees. Today, we broke that by 2 degrees. Add 70% humidity and that makes it tough to work outside.

On a bright note, I sold 7 hostas--all the ones I had dug up- 1 white edged, 3 big greens, 2 big yellow edged, and 1 Blue Angel and made $23 and I have an order for more, which I will dig up next weekend when it is (hopefully) cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment