Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Liatris

Liatris spicata   or blazing star is a native plant around here. With stalks of purple flowers, it blooms from the top down. Butterflies love the flowers and small birds enjoy the seeds if left through winter. I found some seedlings from my plants while I was weeding and potted them up so they can grow a while before I plant them again in a prepared bed.

8/4/10
Going to seed..

 
7/10/10
Blooming
Photobucket
5/17/18
Photobucket

A clump of liatris. 5/18/10

6/5/10
The seedlign transplants from the garden are growing and doing fine. I'm glad I moved them they would of not gotten any light or space where I had found them.

6/6/10
Liatris in ground is budding up.

6/16/10
Liatris are neat, they bloom from the top down on the spikes.

6/20/10
Seedlings are getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment