Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shasta daisy


Leucanthemum x superbum Alaska I started Alaska from seed directly in the garden. In 2 year's time it's grown bonkers. Shasta daises should be divided every 2-3 years. I will divide this one next year. 
5/18/10

6/3/10
Plant is budding up but the recent storm knocked the plant to the ground and I need to get it tied up. I should of given it some support from the beginning.


6/4/10
I tied up Alaska as the wind had knocked it all down. Next year I will get to it much sooner. It is quite a big plant and not at all easy to tie up after the fact. My arms can't reach that far around.

6/9/10


6/16/10
Blooming today.


6/19/10
Photobucket
Leucanthemum x superbum Becky  I bought this one when I didn't think any of the seeds of Alaska I'd planted were not coming up. I guess the joke is on me. :) They are both very similar plants. I think Becky has a longer bloom time though and II absolutely have to divided this one this year so I will be splitting it up and replanting and selling some of them too. This photo is one of the divisions I've already dug up.
5/18/10
6/3/10
Becky is also budding up. Both the potted up divisions and the plant in the ground.
6/9/10
Note: Shasta daisy in pot is now sold.

6/19/10
Mother plant is now blooming
Photobucket

6/20/10

8/1/10

Seeds

8/5/10

Collecting seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment