Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Using the garden harvests 2010

Goal #1 this year is to eat more from the garden. Usually I tend to get overwhelmed with my garden and a lot of good food gets wasted. This year I plan to change that. I've scaled down on tomato plants and am going to try to grow more greens.


Spinach 5/12/10


Got to love spinach, any way it's fixed.

Spinach meal #1: Stir Fried with garlic and chicken over noodles.

Spinach meal #2: Salad with ranch dressing.


Strawberries! 5/29/10

Cherries, lettuce, baby carrots, blueberries, still harvesting strawberries. The lettuce is bitter this year. But I am loving the rainbow carrots.
Photobucket

Pickled Beets

Zucchini Muffins

Rose Hip Juice (for jelly)
zucchini boats
Black cherry Tomatoes

7/25/10

Elderberry jam

Salsa

cucumber, eaten as is

7/28/10
harvested more tomatoes and made some elderberry syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment