Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Our Storms.


I'm a weather fanatic. I find it both scary and fascinating living here. When I can. I will share some of our wild weather.


BREAKING NEWS!
6/23/10

We had quite the bumpy ride this evening. I was at work, but could see the sky go from clear blue to midnight green in a matter of minutes. Then the area sirens were going off, like crazy. The storm was on top of us. Torrential rain, tornadoes, etc. I had to shelter here, as did my co-worker. I warned Mike on the phone he needed to find shelter. He took shelter with the 3 dogs in a bike tunnel as the storm hit porter...
I couldn't get a hold of him when the storm had passed. I feared the worst. Finally after an excruciating amount of time, we got a hold of each other. The trailer is fine but there is no power at all. This is a very dangerous storm. Work is flooded at the ground level. Streets are flooded. Trees down everywhere from what I hear. Going home tonight might be perilous. You likely won't hear from me tomorrow if the power is out.
Take care, stay safe out there, and lots of love.


6/5/10
Our first tornado box of the year....
Or is it the second one? I can't remember. All I know is it's looking nasty. It's not in my county yet but it's in the county where I'm at work right now. They called a code "grey" which means it may be a long night.
Photobucket

6/18/10
This is really the second wave of storm that has come through, and we are past the worst of it in my area. We had 75 mph wind gusts and there are tree debris everywhere. A good friend and co-worker of mine had tree branches break her windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment