Friday, June 11, 2010

Mr. Puppy Jack Cheese, getting neutered.

And waiting for the phone call to pick him up is almost as hard as leaving the vet without him was.

See, jack isn't just a DOG. And truth be told, I'm more of a cat and bird person then a dog person. Dogs, I mostly just tolerate, even though I have 3 dogs. But like I said, Jack isn't any old dog. I needed Jack just as much as he needed me.

My Jack loved me from the first day, after I risked my hands pulling him from that filthy little cage, covered in poo and piss and full of infections, scared of his own shadow.

I was in a deep depression. Things were feeling hopeless.

Jack gave me courage. Jack gave me love and devotion. He worships unconditionally the ground I walk on and I him. We two had this bond instantly. He didn't know how to be a puppy, how to have fun. He had no confidence. It was the most wonderful thing to see him blossom and grow. We learned together.

He waits for me every night to get home from work. He is the most loyal hiking partner ever. He protects me. He tells me when I need a play break. He brings me toys. He falls asleep in my arms every night. He knows when I need comforting.

And I'm scared to death something might happen to him in his surgery.


UPDATE: Jack is through with surgery and I should be able to go get home after 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment