Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pine

 Pinus strobus Eastern White Pine
I finally bought a white pine. I have a love of pines stemming all the way back from my child hood. I loved to climb the two wonderful pines in my backyard to the tip top and sway in the wind. I loved the smell of pine forests as I hiked along beloved mountain trails. I loved watching wind toss the branches of pines around. Naturally, I had to add a pine to my yard. Plus, it will give much needed shelter to birds and hopefully I'll have some feathered friends seek it out when it gets bigger. Crazy Mike TRIED to talk me into a lousy little white spruce that had been baking in a gallon pot in the walmart parking lot for $7. I said NO WAY JOSE. It was a white pine or nothing. I'm going to plant it on the corner of my lot.

6/12/10
Photobucket

6/16/10

I planted the pine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment