Saturday, June 19, 2010

Poppies


Want something that will reseed itself everywhere? They poppies are for you. They come in lots of different colors, some come extra ruffled, some single. they have hairy leaves and wiry stems and bloom longest in cool springs and if kept dead headed. Still, the season for them is NOT that long. I love my poppies and they end up everywhere though I try to keep them out of the veggie garden as they rob a lot of nutrients from the other plants. I plan on actually collecting seeds from my favorite colors this year and offer them for sale or barter.
6/3/10
6/5/10
6/6/10
6/11/10


6/12/10
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
NOTE: This little striped one fooled me on first glance. I thought it was a stripy zinnia. I want to save seeds from this one as I've never seen a stripy one to see what may come of them. It also has an unusual petal formation. It really does not look like a poppy but I assure you it is.
Photobucket
Poppy seed head after the petals fall.
Photobucket

6/16/10


6/19/10
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment