Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week Highlights

  • Poor Jack, my favorite dog of all time is having surgery Friday. Nothing "major", he is being neutered but I still worry of course.
  • Today I made a few bucks selling plants, and everything I make is going to squirreled away carefully for the most part. Today I sold the shasta daisy (and I have an order for more of them to be started), the bee balm (more to be started as well), a few dozen mix sized hens and chicks and 2 lemon balms. Not too bad at all, eh?
  • The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup...just in case you live in a cave. That's big news for my wonderful husband Crazy Mike. The last time they won was way before Mike or I was born. I never knew anything about hockey but learned so that I could have something in common with Mike.
  • The Sparkle strawberries are slowing down now. But the Berries Galore is starting to ripen.
  • Sour Cherries are ripening.
  • I saw my first Japanese Beetle. I think I am going to try trapping them this year. They are very very bad in my garden and will chew everything to nubs. They are a couple weeks early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment